Property Management - Over 25 Years of Experience
While there are many aspects to property management, at Icon Properties we focus on finding quality residents, reducing owner expenses, minimizing turnovers, and developing strong relationships between clients and residents. We are dedicated to perfecting property operations that produce the highest return for our client’s investment. Our goal is to achieve these aspects through a friendly professional staff, and managing each asset as if it were our own.
- Move-in inspection
- The first thing we do is perform a detailed move-in inspection that captures the current condition of the property. This inspection helps us locate any potential concerns that may need addressed prior to a tenant moving in. If repairs are needed, our professional maintenance staff or extensive list of preferred vendors can handle the job.
- Marketing of the Property
- High-quality photos are a must in the digital age we live in! High-quality photos will help your property stand out amongst the rest and provide peace of mind for prospective tenants when searching.
- Rental Analysis
- Selecting the right rental rate cuts down on vacancy time and helps find the best tenant. With this analysis we can confidently provide the rental rate that makes the most sense.
- Advertising of the Property
- Our leasing team uses comprehensive software that markets your property on hundreds of leasing sites and allows prospects to schedule showings autonomously.
- Tenant Screening
- A thorough screening of all applicants will be done. This includes a review of each prospective tenant's criminal and credit history, and verification of each prospective tenant's current employment and stated income. We also contact each prospective tenant's previous landlord(s) to verify payment history and care of property. Icon Properties adheres to all fair housing laws.
- Tenant Education
- All tenants receive a Tenant Move-In Packet upon move-in. With this packet we educate tenants on what their responsibilities are according to the lease agreement, rules & regulations, common city ordinances, etc and help them understand that they are responsible for stopping further damage from occurring by reporting all maintenance concerns to us on an immediate basis.
ONLINE TENANT PORTAL
We provide an online tenant portal allowing our tenants 24/7 access to their rent ledgers, leases, online payment options, maintenance requests and much more. Your rental income is promptly collected from your tenant at the beginning of each month. They are charged a late fee for payments made beyond the due date to discourage late payments. We will coordinate the start of legal action to evict your tenant in the event the rent is not paid. Although every eviction case is different, in most we try to work out a payment schedule to get a good tenant back on track. As in all cases, the final decision is the property owner’s.
ONLINE OWNER PORTAL
All property owners are provided with an online owner portal allowing access to real-time information regarding their rental property. This service allows you to view your statements and other pertinent rental information 24/7. Your owner disbursements will be deposited according to your preferences between the 10th and 20th of each month. You will also receive a year-end Form 1099 as required by the IRS no later than January 31st of each year.
PAYMENT OF YOUR MONTHLY EXPENSES
We are willing to pay recurring monthly expenses on your behalf such as: utilities, lawn and snow services, trash pickup, mortgage, taxes, and insurance, if opted by the owner.
Check out all the features that our property management software provides. Report examples can be provided upon request.
After each tenant vacates the home we conduct an in-depth, detailed inspection of your property. Otherwise, properties are inspected on an as needed basis or random drive-by inspections when we are in the area. We do not want to inconvenience your tenants too much and have found that between random drive-bys and routine maintenance calls, the majority of our properties will require a minimal annual inspection.
PROPERTY CLEANING POST MOVE OUT
Upon lease end, every property is professionally cleaned to ensure the property condition is preserved. We collect a non-refundable cleaning fee from each tenant to help offset this expense.
Our 24/7 maintenance provides our clients and residents with the satisfaction of knowing the property is continually being maintained properly. We make sure work orders are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. We find this helps build stronger relationships with our residents, keeps them in your property longer, and ultimately saves you money.
Paperwork (leases, forms, etc)
In an increasingly litigious society, awareness of court cases, attention to detail, documentation and seasoned judgment are important measures to minimize exposure to lawsuits. Choosing the right property Management Company is your first line of defense. Neither Icon Properties nor any property owners under our care have been successfully litigated against, other than minor security deposit disputes.
There is great variation in coverage of policies for rental/investment properties. Policies vary in kinds, damage per incident deductibles, etc so the type of coverage you choose is imperative for protecting your investment. Our lease places the tenant on notice that they need to obtain their own renters policy to cover their personal liability and belongings. If needed, we will help you ask the right questions of your insurance agent.
IMMEDIATE RESPONSE AND DOCUMENTATION
Any reported problem that compromises tenant's health or safety is handled immediately and documented. Tenants can reach the property manager for after-hour emergencies by calling us on an emergency number that is covered seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. All tenant requests for services are documented along with our response to the problem.
PET APPROVAL POLICY
The majority of residents have pets. We prefer to advertise that pets are negotiable, so that they will tell us about their pets when they apply instead of trying to sneak them in later. We require a non-refundable monthly pet fee to cover any wear and tear to your property. In addition, we will increase the security deposit to one and a half times the monthly rent which is the maximum allowed by Michigan’s security deposit law. Some owners have chosen not to allow any tenants with pets, this is completely your decision. However, longer vacancy periods may be incurred as a result of not allowing any pets into the leased dwelling. Service animals, however, like those required to aid the blind, are exempt by law from these restraints.
NOTE: Icon Properties does not allow: Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, any dog classified as an “attack dog”, including full or mixed breeds unless by owner’s full written consent.